Glen Gables Wedding Chapel & Banquet Hall 
A Great Place to Get Married

Marriage license Laws in the state of Michigan, here's what you need to know and what documents to bring with you before you apply for a Genesee County marriage license. We recommend getting this legal aspect of your wedding out of the way about a month before your ceremony date.

It is important that you verify all information with your local marriage license office or county clerk before making any wedding or travel plans.
Genesee County Marriage License Office

Genesee County Clerk
900 South Saginaw Street
Flint, MI 48503
(810) 257-3225
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. / M - F
Closed for holidays Observed by Genesee County

Fees in Genesee County:
$20 if you are a resident of Michigan. $30 for non-residents. Some counties may charge more.
Bring cash. Most counties do not accept checks or credit cards.
Requirements and fees may vary as each county in Michigan could have their own requirements.
Proxy Marriages:
No. However, only one of you need to be present and have all required documentation when applying for a marriage license. You will need to show a photocopy of the front and back of
your partner's driver's license.
Under 18:
If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can get married with parental consent. Your parents must appear with their own identification and if a custodial parent, proof of their custody. If you are 15 or younger, you will need both parental consent and the approval of the probate court.
Secret Marriages:
Back in 1897, secret marriages were approved. If a couple requests a secret marriage, if permitted by a judge, after the ceremony is solemnized, the officiate returns the certificate, but the judge may seal the file and allow no publicity about the marriage.
What Qualifies One for a Secret Marriage?
Witnesses have to be at least 18 years of age. Some counties follow
this new law more strictly than others.
Marriages may be performed by federal, probate, district, and municipal judges, and district court magistrates, in their court area; mayors, in their city; County clerks; ministers and pastors of the gospel, both resident and non-resident. The Michigan Statutes also have a provision that allows for marriages to "be solemnized in the manner heretofore used and practiced in their respective societies or denominations."

Please Note: State and county marriage license requirements often change. 
The above information is for guidance only and should not be regarded as legal advice.
 Our Chapel Hall Rental     Saturday Chapel Rental    Chapel Only
Service Packages  Entree Selections   Entree Pricing Hors d'oeuvres
  Optional Services Chocolate Fountain  Bar Services  Discounts 
Friday-Sunday Rental Photos Shower Buffets  Rehearsal Dinners
Policies Additional Services Contract Contact Us 
Marriage License Information Download Full Packet   Graduation Special
Sports Banquet Special Funeral Menu   Late Night Snacks


Call 810-659-2869
4070 N. Elms Rd
Flushing, MI 48470
Fax:  (810) 659-2809